- I can't access the site management console for my website.
- When I upload my website, I still receive the default placeholder page.
- FTP Login.
- My FTP connection disconnected.
- My FTP connection timed out.
- My FTP connection abruptly dropped while I was in the middle of an upload.
- Mailbox Login configuration for mail client.
- I can't login to the POP or SMTP servers to send/retrieve my email.
- I get a 'password' error when trying to retrieve my email.
- How do I test to see if CGI is working?
- When I publish my site, none of the FrontPage extensions work.
- When I publish with FrontPage98, it places the files inside my personal web folder.
- Do we have any info on PHP, MySQL, PERL?
1. I can't access the site management console for my website
Make sure that you entered the correct siteadmin URL, http://www.yourdomain.com/cpanel and that you have been assigned Site Administration privileges.
If you still experience difficulties, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. When I upload my website, I still receive the default placeholder page.
Make sure you have uploaded to the correct /pubic_html/ folder.
This is the case 99% of the time.
If you have confirmed that your website was uploaded to the correct /pubic_html/ folder, then check to see if the default placeholder page (index.html) is still in place.
If so, you need to either remove or overwrite it.
3. FTP Login.
Do not directly type the FTP address into the browser address bar.
Use FTP client such as WS_FTP LE.
FTP Server: ftp.yourdomain.com
4. My FTP connection disconnected.
The server will automatically disconnect you if your FTP session remains inactive for a period of time (usually 3-5 minutes).
5. My FTP connection timed out.
If your FTP connection timed out without connecting, check your FTP settings to make sure you have specified the correct host or IP address.
6. My FTP connection abruptly dropped while I was in the middle of an upload.
This can happen if, while uploading to your account, you approach to within 3-5% of your maximum disk space.
This is initiated by the server as an emergency precautionary measure.
7. Mailbox Login configuration for mail client.
Incoming Mailserver (POP3): mail.yourdomain.com
Outgoing Mailserver (SMTP): mail.yourdomain.com
8. I can't login to the POP or SMTP servers to send/retrieve my email.
Make sure you specified the correct POP and SMTP servers in your email settings, and that your user ID (or alias) and password are correct.
Your POP and SMTP servers should be set to mail.yourdomain.com
9. I get a 'password' error when trying to retrieve my email.
Make sure you either typed it in correctly or specified it in your settings.
10. How do I test to see if CGI is working?
Create a simple test script. I recommend:
print "Content-Type: text/html\n\n";
print "Perl Rulez\n"
Call it test.pl
11. When I publish my site, none of the FrontPage extensions work.
Be sure you published your site using the FrontPage Web Publisher.
Regular FTP programs tend to corrupt the FrontPage extensions.
12. When I publish with FrontPage98, it places the files inside my personal web folder.
We have encountered this problem on several occasions, and it has been traced to a problem with the way FrontPage98 searches for the root web and publishes files under certain configurations.
The only solution is to upgrade to FrontPage2000, which will solve the problem completely.
13. Do we have any info on PHP, MySQL, PERL?
We do not provide tech support for application specific issues such as cgi programming, html or any other such issue.
Find out all you want to know about: